TomTom Go - UK Speed Cameras
The TomTom Go allows you to enter your own "Points of Interest" (or POIs). These can be saved to your memory card, copied to your PC and passed to friends. Luckily for us there exists a POI of all UK speed cameras. To add this to your TomTom Go. Follow the steps below.
The idiots guide to installing speed cameras on TomTom Go!
1. Download the latest speed camera database zip-file from here (suggest saving this file to your desktop)
2. If Windows hasn't opened the zip for you, double click on this file from your desktop and extract ALL the files from the zip.
3. Connect your TomTom to the mains and to your PC USB.
4. Click "My Computer" and open "Tom Tom Go"
5. Make sure you have both windows (TomTom Go and the zip contents) open side by side... then click and drag the following files from the Pocket GPS folder into the Tom Tom's Great- Britain -Map folder.
The 3 bitmap images ending in ...redlight.bmp, ...gatso.bmp and ...continental.bmp
The 3 files ending ".ov2" ...redlight.ov2, ...gatso.ov2 and ...continental.ov2
8. Turn off the Tom Tom Go, remove the USB cable then turn it on again. The update will now be applied.
9. To check, select "Browse Map", "find POI", arrow until drop down appears, the new POI databases are listed as :
pocketgps uk gatso
pocketgps uk redlight
10. On the Tom Tom Go menu Click Maintain POI, tick the boxes for the 3 new POI catagories, hit DONE"
11. Warn when near POI. Touch the individual POI catagories, set distance (273yards default) DONE
12. Choose warning sound (test and select) then finally warn if on route tick the box for this option.
More TomTom Features at StreetFinder.co.ukTomTom Go Main Page
The Idiots Guide to Installing Speed Cameras on TomTom Go
Tom Tom Go photos gallery
Tom Tom Overview and Tech Specs
TomTom External Antenna
TomTom Review and Discussion
TomTom Go Accessory